Thursday, April 30, 2009

First Delivery

Yey! So I've started to get my packages. First to arrive was Essential Elements for Strings Cello Book 2. At first glance, it doesn't look too hard. First off, everything is in standard bass clef. Which is good, because I totally forget tenor clef right now. And I still know bass clef really well from my bassoon days. Actually, I probably know it much better than treble clef.

I see backward and forward extensions, whatever that means. Something with the fingering I assume. The book seems to focus on rhythms and introducing some sharps and flats and some different bowing techniques. Nothing intimidating at all, and this is already Book 2. So Book 1 should be a piece of cake. Hopefully. Then towards the end, it introduces fourth position. Ah, positions. So not ready for that. This book was essentially free before shipping.
There are a couple of drawings in here to show some hand exercises and hand positioning. These drawings are hilarious. The girl has her eyes closed and looks asleep and the boy looks stoned. Am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment